one

As God places each little fragment…we become His Masterpiece. Life is made of moments, choices, beliefs… What we see in our finite minds is not the whole picture but only a fragment of a work in progress. Only God in His infinite wisdom can take the broken, the incomplete and make something beautiful…Mosaic in Thee.

Mar 23, 2010

Mosaic In Thee...

When an artist makes a mosaic, his first step is to plan how he wants the final picture. He makes a grid or a sketch of the final picture to use as a guideline or instruction. He, then gathers the pieces he chooses to use.



Often, the pieces have very rough edges and need to be gently ground smooth. Many times the pieces are too large or have the wrong shape to be used so the artist must break off the unusable parts.


Once complete, he takes time to properly place the pieces in order of use. After securing each piece in place with glue; he saturates the entire work of art with grout, covering the entire picture. Ever so gently, he removes the excess with a soft cloth to reveal the finished master piece.

When I think of my life, I can just imagine it being a mosaic in process. God has decided what He wants for my life. (It will be the absolute best because He loves me so much) He has a plan for each person. “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.” Jer. 1:5

As the Artist of my life, He has drawn a grid; a written instruction manual for me. It is direction to where all the variety of pieces that make me who I am fit into the life God wants to create in me. “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” II Timothy 3:16

The trials, temptations, and circumstances we deal with everyday are used to shape us into usable pieces of a beautiful masterpiece. “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28 Unfortunately, many people turn away from the Lord during these tough times and their hearts become hard. As we would with a wayward child; God uses whatever it takes to break through a hardened heart, to once again, have that sweet fellowship with His children.

While God is placing the pieces of my life in order, I must learn to wait on Him and not rush His Hand. His Timing and His Ways are perfect. “I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.” Ps. 130:5

“Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Rom. 10:13 Repenting of my sins and receiving my precious Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ;

I am secured within His arms being set in a heavenly place. “And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:” Eph. 2:6

The Artist fills in all the empty places of my life with His Holy Spirit saturating my life with His perfect love. “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;” John 14:16

The final touch the Master applies is to buff away all the wastes of this life with His Mercy and Grace to reveal the masterpiece in me. “The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.” Ps. 138:8

A mosaic is a beautiful piece of art, but when pieces are missing it greatly reduces its beauty. Are we keeping pieces of our lives from God?

Give God every part of your life, let Him have complete control. Exalt His power in your life and become the beautiful person He has intended you to be.


“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” Prov. 3:5 – 6



We are all a work in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment